SSEO-Syncrony Search Engine Optimisation
If you are one of those people who believe like your medical care, services which you have little or no knowledge have and don’t have the time or money to gain the knowledge and would rather stick to focusing on what makes you money, then this is the bottom line:
THE BOTTOM LINE
If you are serious about getting decent ranking on Google SERPs it’s in your interest to get an expert who works in tandem with you to formulate a strategy to get traffic to your website, so you can ultimately convert the traffic to money.
However despite whether you would like to talk to an expert such as Syncrony (which offer a full spectrum of SEO and online marketing services), or maybe not, you may want to educate yourself a little so you have an idea of the path you would like to take, with that in mind below is some stuff for you to read
If you are not an SEO Boffin click here for a list of the most pertinent SEO terms or scroll down
There is no easy path to the top! SEO Myths and Misconceptions
There are various Myths and Conceptions that are common place in the web world regarding SEO and many of these are perpetuated as ‘gospel’ by Amateurs and Professionals alike. Here are my top 3 in my opinion if you want to explore more here is some interesting reading.
1) You can get onto the first page of Google SERPs for R2000!
We are consistently bombarded by Google and Facebook adds guaranteeing us that for what is essentially a small investment these so called professionals will elevate your site to the top 10 on the first Google page.
Like most things in life as the adage goes “IF IT SEEMS TOO GOOD TO BE TRUE, IT PROBABLY IS”. Taking this path could actually cause a demotion of your site rather than a promotion.
Always remember Google is smarter than these “and has created specific algorithms to police sites trying to cheat the process such as, Panda, Penguin and hummingbird and while they sound harmless they could be your biggest SEO nightmare, read more about them here (https://moz.com/blog/google-algorithm-cheat-sheet-panda-penguin-hummingbird). Bottom-line; if someone offers you a top 5 Google ranking in a month or even 3 RUN!
2) Filling my domain name/URL with keywords is going to help me!
The days when you could register or purchase a domain name like joburgplumber.co.za and get excellent rankings on Google are gone!
Google’s main task is to deliver the top results to the Googler that essentially best answers a REQUEST. So for example if you Google “Plumber-Joburg” Google s essentially answering the request; show me a list of plumbers in Joburg please” However Google wants to deliver you a list of websites that actually provide the Googler with value because just like you if Google calls a plumber to their offices, they want a professional that has experience, gets the job done right, has the correct equipment and charges fairly.
Therefore google will display the sites that answer all these questions and if possible provides some education to the Googler at the same time.
So the bottom-line is if you want Google to deliver your site to fulfil a request or answer a question your site content needs to answer pertinent questions and provide all the necessary information you would want if you called a plumber, presuming of course you are not a plumber.
3) A Once-Off SEO campaign will bear fruit!
Many people make the mistake of thinking that there is a basic step by step checklist that can be downloaded and ticked off and then miraculously within a few weeks you’re in the top ten of the SERP page, unfortunately in the real Google world it doesn’t work like that.
- SEO requires a combination of methods and techniques in order to be most effective.
- SEO requires consistent work to ensure your site maintains its rankings once decent rankings have been achieved as Google Algorithms change daily, more than 500 times a year.
- SEO requires consistent research and study amounting to hundreds of hours of webinars, podcasts and YouTube videos
Even if a once-off campaign is successful, if you don’t continuously work on it there are many factors that can lead to your site disappearing in to the Google ether such as:
- Link Rot
- Changes in Google’s Algorithm- This happens at least 500 times a year
- Content that is no longer SEO friendly and outdated- Google continuously looks at content and is continuously fine-tuning the type of content it wants to deliver to Googlers
HOW SYNCRONY CAN ASSIST
SEO uses a collection of techniques and methods combined with a clear and defined strategy, without a proper strategy you’re deemed to failure.
Syncrony’s SEO masters use the collective knowledge of 19 years in the Web development industry combined with extensive Google knowledge to create a SEO strategy that not only improves SERP rankings but just as importantly targets your specific customer base.
You are a vital link in the SEO chain!
As they say “Fail to prepare, prepare to fail!’ as overused as this cliché may be it’s never been more true than in the case of SEO.
It’s vital to direct potential buyers to your site not just anyone!
It’s pointless if the people landing on your site have no need for your services or products. The whole point is to get a potential buyers to your site, who have a specific need which you can fulfil. Therefore we work closely with you when developing the strategy because no one knows your business and clients better than you.
Any SEO strategy worth its salt, in our opinion should incorporate of the following:
- It has to be built around the kinds of people and companies you want as customers.
- We need to clearly understand what you offer, i.e. your value proposition( The way this is portrayed online may require a different approach)
- We need a portfolio of who your current customers are and if there is a different/another portfolio of client you would like to attract (Most of your current customers maybe ‘baby-boomers’ and you now would also like to attract millennials, this would require a focus on mobile for example)
- We have to cook carefully of the two most important aspects of Organic SEO, Site Content and Backlinks
- Comparisons with your competitors
- How do we incorporate other online marketing platforms such as paid platforms
- What needs to be done to continue to improve rankings, consistency is the key!
ADDITIONAL MARKETING SERVICES
SEO works best when it forms part of the overall marketing strategy of the company. There are other internet marketing strategies which can be run in tandem with SEO or separately which we also offer.
Online marketing is constantly evolving it’s not just AdWords, Facebook or email marketing, it’s about creating a strategy that lets you track, optimise and achieve results.
The core online Marketing services we offer are:
- Paid Search (AD Words)
- Email marketing
- Social Marketing
Each one has a different outcome, ROI, time cycle and cost, however if applied strategically even the more cost effective options can achieve the desired outcome. Syncrony will be your partner in achieving this outcome.
SEO AND Online Marketing technical terms and definitions.
Don’t worry there is no test at the end, they are here to help you out if you need it.
- SERP- Search engine results page
- Google Algorithm: The formula Google uses to rank the resulting Web pages from a user's query.
- Backlinks are links from outside domains that point to pages on your domain; essentially linking back from their domain to yours.
- Organic SEO: The person/s conducting “Organic” SEO utilises various techniques and methodologies that are free to use, are “friendly” to Google Bots and algorithms and are more often than not provided free by Google.
- Google Analytics: Google Analytics is a free Web analytics service that provides statistics and basic analytical tools for SEO and Internet marketing purposes
- Google Search Console: Google Search Console is a free service offered by Google that helps you monitor and maintain your site's presence in Google Search results.
- Paid SEO: Paying Google directly for AD Words.
- Google AD Words: Google AdWords is Google's online advertising program
- Link Rot: Is the process by which hyperlinks on individual websites or the Internet in general point to web pages, servers or other resources that have become permanently unavailable.